You are here
In-house Real Estate Counsel (Retail Leasing)
- Property owner and manager or shopping centers across the U.S.
- Seeking In-house Counsel with solid retail leasing experience
About Our Client
Owner, operator and manager of shopping centers across the U.S.
The In-house Attorney will be responsible for preparing and negotiating a wide range of retail leases, lease amendments and other commercial real estate documents with national, regional and local tenants. This role will involve heavy contract drafting and negotiating relating to real estate. The Attorney will work directly with other members of the legal team as well as the business people.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- JD from a US Law School
- Admission to the NY State Bar
- 3-8 years of experience as an attorney in the shopping center and/or retail industry dealing with commercial retail leases and related agreements
- Law firm or in house experience
- Must have experience preparing and negotiating a wide range of retail leases (big box, anchor stores, etc.)
- Strong negotiation and writing skills
- Detail oriented, intelligent, and organized
- Able to work well in a fast paced environment that requires flexibility
What's on Offer
Base salary between $125,000-$150,000 with a discretionary bonus, excellent work/life and good working environment.