You are here
HR Business Partner - Computer Software
Profitable computer software company based in NYC
Own the entire people function, soup to nuts
About Our Client
The client is a profitable computer software company based in NYC. With approximately 100 total employees, it is looking to bring on a dynamic HR professional who will serve as both a generalist and business partner for the business.
- Create and manage job descriptions.
- Manage the individual development planning process for employees; provide guidance and assistance to managers in developing and retaining their staff.
- As directed, participate in the investigation and resolution of ongoing employee relations problems, anticipate problems whenever possible, and develop, recommend, and initiate appropriate steps for resolution.
- Provide guidance to managers on performance issues and recommend and counsel on disciplinary action and terminations.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and insures the company's compliance.
- Conduct exit interviews; analyze data and make recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Handle benefits questions and inquiries.
- Track reviews and follow up to ensure that they are completed in a timely manner.
- Handle leave of Absences; track, prepare memo, meet with employee to discuss.
- Communicate effectively and professionally both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate problem-solving, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Project a professional, positive attitude toward peers and clients within the department and the agency.
- Foster a positive team atmosphere demonstrating respect for peers and supervisors and establish credibility both internally and externally.
The Successful Applicant
- BA/BS degree from a top college or university
- Minimum 3 years of Generalist experience
- Experience consulting with management at various organizational levels
- Very strong communication and influencing skills with the ability to effectively convey messages to different leaders
- Experience coaching leaders for performance
- A clear point of view about how to build business performance
- Strong project management, organizational and analytical skills to support data analysis and reporting
- Experience communicating and managing complex change
- Ability to effectively resolve complex problems
- Strong sense of accountability and sound personal judgment
- Strong business acumen
- Comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get things done and the next moment being part of deeply complex strategy discussions
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary
Benefits, metro card, summer Fridays and 401k!