You are here
HR Business Partner North America
This is a managerial level role, but you will be head of HR for the Region
Great role for a divisional/regional business partner wanting int'l exposure
About Our Client
Our client is a technology serviced based group out of Europe, who is fastly growing in North America, requiring an experienced business partner level professional who can advice and be the link of the cultural development of the local organization.
- Play a key role in the realisation of the People Strategy, promoting the People Team as a strategic partner and catalyst for change.
- Partner with senior leaders in the business to facilitate breakthrough conversations and address people-related issues through the application of appropriate policies and the Company's portfolio.
- Lead and participate in business projects and initiatives, representing the voice of our people and bringing focus to our culture and values.
- Contribute to strategy and delivery, as part of the HR team, across the employee life cycle and take responsibility for strategic projects where required.
- Lead and manage the Business Advisors who support the areas of the business you partner with, and contribute to their professional and personal development.
- Be accountable for the full employee life cycle, partnering with leaders and working with the wider People Team to:-
- Drive employee attraction, engagement and retention.
- Support the development of our senior leaders and their teams.
- Provide input into the design and delivery of effective learning interventions.
- Apply the Company's portfolio as a way of releasing the potential of our people and motivating them to high performance.
- Enable an engaged and inspired people-centric culture where coaching and mentoring is commonplace.
- Deliver and support our employee value proposition spanning culture, recognition, balance, reward and growth.
- Ensure sustainable succession plans are in place.
- Actively contribute towards the People Strategy by delivering the full scope of HR activities such as resourcing, performance management, total rewards, people operations, employee relations, organisational development, coaching and team development and organisational change.
- Ensure adherence to governance across reward and resourcing.
- Support the development of the People Team sharing knowledge, coaching and mentoring as required.
- Work in true partnership and provide legendary experiences for our people so that everyone can say in their own way 'I love my job and I love this company'.
- Maintain strategic, external relationships that add value to the People Team and the organisation.
The Successful Applicant
Capabilities in HR Business Partnering:
- An approachable and engaging leader and people manager.
- Able to lean into authentic conversations readily.
- With a genuine love for our organisation and a passion for people.
- A confident and trusted business advisor.
- A creative thinker.
- Trustworthy and with integrity.
- With curiosity and a willingness to learn.
- A strong and confident individual with the ability to challenge constructively.
- CIPD qualified and able to apply this to a growing commercial organisation
Must have experience:
- Demonstrating strong business acumen and commercial awareness with generalist HR experience.
- Working in a global organisation with knowledge of international HR.
- Engaging and consulting with key stakeholders across the business.
- Operating and adapting within a fast paced, continuously changing and growing environment.
- Applying your business partnering experience within a customer focused (US spelling) environment.
- Having authentic conversations and giving constructive feedback.
- Coaching and mentoring.
- Co-designing and facilitating key meetings and training.
- Project management
- Interpreting and advising on relevant employment law.
- Communication, influencing and relationship building skills.
- Enabling a legendary people experience.
The ideal professional must have a relevant Bachelor's Degree and proven experience in an HR business partner role
- MBA is a plus
- Human Resources certifications are also a plus
What's on Offer
This is a head of HR position for North America, but it is a managerial level role. Although you will report to the Global HR Head (based in Europe), you will only have 1 HR generalist reporting to you.
While the direct report will focus on the day to day operational side of the human resources department (payroll, employee relations and benefits), you will be responsible to truly act as a business partner with operations and client facing professionals, as well as deploy and advise corporate regarding the North American region.
With that said, this is a great role for a divisional HR Business partner looking for exposure and a hands on strategic management experience.