You are here
HR Business Partner
USD100,000 - USD140,000
- ER-focused Generalist
- Succession planning, performance management, warnings and terminations
About Our Client
Global, fast-paced law firm.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the firm's and client groups' goals and interconnection with administrative support and business functions and practices.
- Partners closely with client groups to coach and advise managers regarding employee matters, including but not limited to performance management, employee relations concerns, compensation, hiring, internal transfers/promotions, organizational structure and functioning and change management. Learns the business of the client groups, its future business direction, and links HR strategy with business deliverables.
- Provides advice on HR policies and programs and recommends appropriate actions. Recommend changes to policies, researches best practices and drafts policies for review, communicates and trains regarding policy changes.
- Provides timely, accurate and meaningful reports, analysis, and forecasts, both quantitative and qualitative, on workforce data to HR and firm leadership as well as client groups. Recommends strategies and approaches to correct or improve issues and/or trends identified.
- Provides high-level employee relations counselling and support to both managers and staff. Coaches both managers and non-managers on work-related issues, provides policy interpretation and creative conflict management/resolution. Guides managers and others through legally, sound-performance management and corrective action process.
- In collaboration with the Manager of Training and Development and others, helps develop and deliver training and development programming on a wide-variety of HR, management, and related topics.
- Works with legal counsel appropriately and effectively in the management of employment-related concerns. Conducts employment-related investigations in a timely and professional manner.
- Prepares job descriptions in conjunction with department management and plays an active part in the compensation benchmarking process. Assist in job and salary evaluation and implementation of compensation-related policies and/or procedures. Helps facilitate the annual performance evaluation process inclusive of compensation awards.
- Partners with Recruitment and client departments to ensure talent strategy alignment and execution of workforce plans. Participate in interview process, as appropriate and provides guidance to managers in developing competitive and equitable job offers.
- Conducts client group assessment of people, programs, processes and activities for workforce planning purposes. Defines specific actions to eliminate gaps and implement changes to support business goals.
- Recommends and helps implement process improvements in both HR and client groups. Focuses on people and cost impacts of change initiatives. Provide consultation on change management and communication strategies. May serve as project lead on various initiatives.
- Understands and advises appropriately on the impact of programs/policies on the non-U.S. offices. Understands local labor law requirements/cultural differences in non-U.S. offices as they relate to day to day operations, including, but not limited to recruiting, employee relations and performance management.
- Directly oversee HR Coordinator to provide strategy and execution support to assigned administrative departments.
- Lead, motivate and develop members of the HR team to provide the highest standard of customer service.
The Successful Applicant
- Ability to communicate HR implications to management teams and influence decisions.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively communicate needs to HR leadership team and HR team.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships across the firm.
- Ability to be a proactive, self-starter, who understands the details within a much larger context.
- Must be flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities; ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple, detailed tasks.
- Ability to plan, organize, manage and/or carry out multiple related activities.
- Ability to work in a multi-office environment.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in related field. Masters in Human Resources, MBA or PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in a HR generalist capacity and 3-5 HR consulting; manager level experience required.
- Strong knowledge of change management practices and project management.
- Thorough knowledge of US labor laws.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of employee relations, performance management and recruitment. A working knowledge of compensation and benefits administration, especially FMLA, as well as training and development.
- Working knowledge of computer software programs, such as Word, Excel, Power Point, and employee database systems in a web-based environment. Experience with HRIS systems, PeopleSoft preferred.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Generous benefits
- Merit-based bonus structure