You are here
HR Generalist - Financial Services Industry
HR Generalist - Hedge Fund
About Our Client
Our client is a hedge fund based in Stamford, Connecticut. They are seeking a HR Generalist for their human resources team who is looking to take the next step in their career into a more strategic role and to support HR Business Partners in key projects and performance management processes.
HR Generalist Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
* Interprets policies and procedures, within the scope of the responsibilities
* Works with HR Director/Manager to ensure company policies and procedures are applied consistently and fairly
* Counsels departmental and practice group management on performance management and disciplinary matters; refers issues to HR Director/Manager when appropriate
* Investigates complaints; elevates issues as appropriate.
* Counsels administrative staff on work performance or conduct issues
* Participates in the administrative and professional staff evaluation process
* Manages the employee recognition program
* Conducts exit interviews as assigned.
* Promotes positive work environment.
* Prepares and maintains position descriptions
* Participates in salary surveys, as requested
* Establishes appropriate salary ranges by analyzing and interpreting both market and internal data for all new positions, or as needed for existing positions
* Makes recommendations to HR and departmental managers
* Serves as benefits liaison for all populations; is well-versed about all benefit plans
* Manages local office open enrollment process in coordination with company benefits
* In the absence of an Assistant and/or Coordinator, may collect and process all benefits enrollment paperwork, both at new hire orientation and during open enrollment.
* Administers leave programs, including FMLA and STD
* Conducts new employee orientation
* Identifies ongoing training needs; works with managers to identify appropriate resources and coordinate training programs
* Develops and delivers training, as assigned.
* Oversees the local HRIS function within the scope of responsibilities
The Successful Applicant
HR Generalist Skills & Qualifications Include But Are Not Limited To:
* Bachelor's Degree from four-year accredited college or university required, preferably in HR or a related field.
* Minimum of 4 years of directly related Human Resources experience * Strong Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Document Management Systems * SHRM certification preferred
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary, benefits, Stamford hedge fund