You are here
HR Manager- Commercial Construction Company
HR Manager role with established, well-respected general contractor
Chance to be a part of a 3-person HR team - wide range of responsibilities
About Our Client
This mid-sized, MD-based general contractor is about to enter a major growth mode which is leading to the addition of many construction and operational members to the team. As the business has grown, the project portfolio has also diversified as they now work on anything from industrial to retail, restaurants, schools, and government projects, etc. People who join this firm tend to stay for a long time as the company offers a family atmosphere where employees say that they feel valued much more so than with other companies. Position is based in Olney, MD.
The HR Manager will report directly to the CFO and will be responsible for the following…
- Manage employee benefit programs including, planning and open enrollment, communication, administration, billing review for accuracy, management reporting as directed, liaison between carriers and employees when needed and terminations. Process required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions. Serve as the COBRA administrator for the company.
- Conduct new-employee orientations at headquarters to ensure employees gain an understanding of company policy and procedure, benefits plans and enrollment provisions. Counsel employees (and potential employees/applicants) on plan provisions so that individuals can make informed benefits decisions.
- Guide managers in matters of employee relations and prepare appropriate documentation as required. Act as player/coach with supervisors in resolving employee relations challenges.
- Manage the separation process and handle sensitive issues, escalating as needed, conduct exit interviews.
- Coordinate and assist with the ACA and ERISA benefits reporting requirements.
- Ensure and assist payroll department with compliance on prevailing wage jobs.
- Assist with implementation of safety plan.
- Act as a resource for payroll/HR contacts to ensure their understanding and compliance with benefits and HR policies and regulations. Keep management advised of potential problem areas and recommend/implement solutions as appropriate.
- Perform recruitment activities, including interviewing and evaluating candidates for select positions at headquarters. Maintain related records.
- Assist with preparation of the annual affirmative action plan and perform outreach to community sources as needed.
- Prepare government reports related to EEO compliance and OFCCP and other HR requirements.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or business, or related, equivalent experience.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of HR experience.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, influence without authority and impact change by leading/coaching individuals
- Broad understanding of HR principles and knowledge of HR laws and regulations, such as FMLA, ADA, HIPPAA, COBRA, FLSA and other employment laws
- MS Office experience, including knowledge of Word, Excel and Power Point; payroll and HRIS systems.
- Strong attention to detail and well organized
- Must be diplomatic with the ability to be discreet when handling confidential information/situations
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
What's on Offer
Highly competitive salary and benefits package included. Interested in hearing more? Submit your resume now.