You are here
Global Manufacturing Company
North American Remit
About Our Client
HR Manager: Our client is a division of large global organization. The HR manager works in a matrix environment within HR Shared Services and the Business Heads. This position will oversee a team of 6 people in remote locations and has responsibility for North America which for them is US and Canada. This role is a new positon as a result of growing revenues and a need to better support the business.
- Responsible for creating a comprehensive talent review process
- Significant exposure to employee relations and engagement
- Increase employee engagement and staff retention
- Developing a North American performance management system to assess personal and functional competencies
- Developing a training and development plan
- Recruitment policy and tools: will need to have a set of tools in place to execute recruitment policies to attract top candidates
- Work closely with all members of the management team to ensure that policies and procedures for the HR department are aligned with corporate goals
- Ensure compliance with state and federal labor and employment laws and regulations
- Proactively guide and coach leadership on employee relations issues including performance management, wage and salary management, talent development etc.
- Develop recruiting strategies, policies and on-boarding programs
- Responsible for employee relations and resolution of all issues; counsel employees and managers
- Responsible for scheduling and coordinating all training programs
- Manage department budget, recommend and implement cost saving initiatives
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited higher learning program, with majors in Business, human resources, psychology, or a related discipline. Master's degree desired.
- Ten years of progressive experience in Human Resources.
- Experience supporting Commercial teams, manufacturing teams or multiple functions.
- Experience building business teams and managing in complex leadership matrixes.
- Expertise/ understanding of contemporary practices around talent, performance, change leadership and employee engagement.
- Experience managing field-based employees strongly preferred.
What's on Offer
Our client offers and excellent salary and benefits package and is looking for a true change agent. If you would be interested in finding out more - please send your resume with current comp details. The client is looking to move quickly.