You are here
Health Safety Environmental Specialist
About Our Client
Our client is a global oil & gas organization.
- Articulate and execute strategic HS&E direction with local leadership while supporting overall business goals;
- Develop and facilitate HSE programs and processes such as: training, audits, observations, risk assessments, policy;
- Participate on and possibly lead focus and improvement teams;
- Acts as technical advisor to management, teams and other functional groups to facilities:
- Ensure local legal, business and client requirements are met;
- Serve as a Team and/or Lead HSE Management System and DOT auditor, conducting cross business unit audits with report preparation, communication, and corrective action tracking.
- Work on specific compliance initiatives such as Department of Transportation requirements and federal and state environmental regulations.
- Provide HS&E coaching and mentoring for the site personnel and leadership;
- Participate in project planning and change management activities to identify HSE issues and opportunities with the goal to eliminate and control risks;
- Analyze trends and root causes to present plans and suggestions to improve controls;
- Identify corrective actions for incidents, audits and observations then analyzing for trends and using research and best demonstrated practices to address those findings;
- Work with peers and internal customers on development of processes and initiatives;
- Communicate effectively with external and internal customers;
- Set up location HSE teams and roles and then provide continuing support for those identified
The Successful Applicant
Bachelor's Degree in Health, Safety Engineering or Technology and at least 5+ years of experience in continuous improvement of HSE facilitation or coordination.
What's on Offer
Dependent upon experience.