You are here
Human Resource Generalist (Visual Effects Studio)
Established Visual Effects Studio
About Our Client
This organization is home to a collective of visionaries working across film, advertising and content. Our work and skill set is wide-ranging, thanks to a pool of over 1000 talented artists and producers in offices across the globe.
Known globally for their visual effects, they have a proud history creating extraordinary images and scenes for some of Hollywood's biggest pictures, collecting every possible industry award along the way.
Their work is also seen across the advertising industry, bringing magic to the small screens that surround us every day.
This organization has grasped the opportunities afforded by new technologies, and works with brands, studios, artists and organizations to bring immersive experiences to both new and existing audiences. Fueled by a relentless curiosity we continue to look to the future, carving out new spaces, screens and media through which to tell stories.
- Provide support and advice to Managers and employees on the full range of HR questions and issues (e.g. performance management, employee relations, policy information, terminations, absence, maternity, paternity).
- Ensure an understanding of all company policies, procedures, benefits, and pay related information to interpret and advise accordingly
- Ensure offer details are prepared in a timely manner.
- Local expert on Californian employment legislation, providing information and advice on local practice to Managers.
- Ensure new employees are successfully inducted into the business.
- Responsible for leaver process including exit interviews, providing leaver details to payroll and all documentation.
- Keep accurate records of all changes to employee status including but not limited to; salary, title, status.
- Act as an on the ground contact to for all payroll and benefit questions and liaise communication to home office when needed
- maintain payroll paperwork for temp employees and independent contractors
The Successful Applicant
- Proven 3-5 years of HR experience within LA/California
- Well organized with strengths in prioritizing, time management and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible attitude, proactive, ability to problem solve
What's on Offer
- Competitive Base Salary
- Full Benefits
- 20 paid vacation days
- 3 paid sick leave days