You are here
Human Resources Director - Manufacturing - Somerset, NJ
Manufacturing experience is highly preferred
7+ years experience of designing and executing HR strategies and tactics
About Our Client
My client provides guest services to hospitality groups globally. From housekeeping supplies to personal care amenities, this conglomerate offers well over 28,000 products that meet the needs of hotel guests.
- Leadership Development - Partner with OpCo Vice President and senior management leadership team to identify and proactively develop talent through formal training, mentoring, coaching, and "stretch" assignments. Participate in succession planning to ensure talent is available and ready to assume positions of greater responsibility
- Benefits, Compensation and Payroll - Oversee the execution of all benefits and compensation policies, procedures and programs. Provide guidance on benefits & compensation strategy planning and administration. Communicates all benefits & compensation programs to associates.
- Employee Relations - Provide coaching and guidance to OpCo leaders and associates regarding employment issues in such areas as policy and procedure development/interpretation/application, dispute resolution, corrective action, leaves of absences, harassment and terminations. Analyze finding and review trends with senior management and recommend actions to ensure positive organizational changes.
- Training - Oversee the execution and delivery of all local training for associates. Deliver leadership training for all OpCo leaders of various HR topics, including ethics, labor laws, policies and procedures.
- Performance Management - Oversee the performance management process and work with OpCo leaders on their associate reviews and evaluations. Provide training and consultation as necessary.
- Talent Acquisition - Work with OpCo leaders to create and maintain workforce staffing plans. Coordinate recruiting efforts to ensure that competent, diverse and skilled workers are hired and workload levels are appropriate and maintained, and work to minimize turnover.
- Safety-Support the installation, maintenance and continuous improvement of the process and strategies of the Behavioral & Compliance Safety program. Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws as well as company policies and procedures. Direct resources and activities to support a culture of prevention awareness and accountability across the organization. Support the development of Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) plans to meet operational goals to reduce accidents, injuries and incidents.
- HR & Payroll Team - Direct planning and development of HR & Payroll team and establishment of goals for their Performance.Monitor, evaluate and provide feedback to managers on progress towards goals. Coach and develop management in balancing the delivery of high productivity, quality and customer service. Counsel and direct management on handling employee relations, staffing, disciplinary actions and maintaining a positive work environment. Conduct regular department meetings to foster employee engagement, communicate any changes to company policies and procedures, address employee concerns, foster idea sharing and suggestions for improvement. Participate in staff selection, performance and compensation evaluations, corrective action and terminations, as necessary. Promote continuous training and development of associates. Lead and facilitate change management in support of organizational goals.
- Compliance - Review, interpret, administer and ensure compliance with Federal, State and local employment laws, and company policies and procedures. Develop and maintain the OpCo's Affirmative Action Programs and ensure Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) compliance and diversity. Perform investigations and prepare written responses to EEOC claims, unemployment claims, etc. Develop and implement initiatives to maintain a harassment free workplace.
- Mergers & Acquisitions - Actively involvement with the Mergers & Acquisitions management team during the due diligence and merger/acquisition of other companies. Recommend and implement strategic plans throughout the transition process, including but not limited to: comparison of benefits, compensation, contracts and policies; identification and implementation of initiatives to retain and motivate key talent; assess and anticipate cultural challenges and take necessary steps to integrate cultures of each organization.
The Successful Applicant
- 7+ years of HR experience in the design/ development and execution of HR strategies and tactics.
- Experience managing an HR team, vendor relationships and budgets.
- Systems Applications and Products (SAP) experience a plus.
- Hospitality/Manufacturing industry experience a plus.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to mentor and develop individuals and teams. Able to engage and lead team discussions and meetings. Understands team dynamics and works well within a team structure. Collaborative management style. Delegates responsibilities effectively. Recognizes and acknowledges the value others bring to the organization. Exhibits a high level of trust and accountability.
- Communication - Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Attentively listens and gets clarification as needed. Writes clearly and informatively - able to write reports, business correspondence, policies and procedures manuals. Approaches others in a tactful manner and is able to manage difficult or emotional employee situations. Building effective working relationships within the Company is essential.
- A mastery of organizational and project management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple initiatives/deadlines autonomously and shift priorities as necessary. Able to manage large, complex projects. Uses time effectively.
- Problem Solving - Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions and uses reason even when dealing with difficult or emotional topics. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Meets challenges with resourcefulness. Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Judgment & Decision Making - Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Displays willingness to make decisions. Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one. Makes timely decisions.
- Detail Oriented - Attention to details and accuracy.
- Diversity - Knowledge of EEO Policy. Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences. Educates others on the value of diversity. Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Maintains high level of confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Proficient use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook).
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration or equivalent education and experience required.
- SHRM or related HR Certification preferred.
What's on Offer
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunity to mold and develop the success of a global firm