You are here
Human Resources Manager
USD90,000 - USD110,000
- Seeking Human Resources Manager for immediate start
- Experience in manufacturing environment strongly preferred
About Our Client
Our client is a small to mid-size food manufacturing firm located in South Boston.
- Recruit and select qualified exempt and non-exempt personnel. Conduct pre-employment background checks and drug screening.
- Develop and conduct new hire orientation programs plus maintain accurate data entry and the integrity of the personnel files including medical files.
- Interact with all employees to develop positive attitudes and employee engagement within the plant. Resolve conflicts when they arise. Implement programs and policies in benefits, safety, security and other HR areas. The HR Manager will also review employee discipline, attendance and the company substance abuse programs.
- Manage plant salary review program in compliance with salary budget and compensation policy, initiate compensation surveys and studies as required to determine appropriate pay rates, analyze data to facilitate equitable pay and classifications, maintain progression rates (if applicable) and general increases and maintain and update job descriptions when required.
- Develop and implement plant policy and procedures, including documentation of employee acknowledgments.
- Implement employee development and training programs.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of annual Employee Opinion Survey and employee engagement initiatives, including but not limited to action plans and engagement activities.
The Successful Applicant
- Must have experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point or Access)
- At least 3 years of previous experience in Human Resources or a related field
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred
- Experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
What's on Offer
High visibility role
Monday to Friday work schedule
2 weeks of vacation