You are here
Import Logistics Coordinator
Brokers License NOT requried
Targeting 2-3 yrs expereince in product importing
About Our Client
The business is a global commodities business looking to hire a Import Logistics Coordinator.
The Import Logistics Coordinator ensures the smooth transition of goods from all non-domestic partners and vendors to the firm's various distribution facilities located across the US. This role will work in the Operations department, partnering with the Logistics Manager and the Logistics Director to ensure product is received within acceptable time tolerances.
- Coordinate all FOB shipments and maintaining import compliance:
- Communicate with vendors and other teams to validate shipment specifications as well as packaging/label requirements prior to shipping.
- Verify all necessary documentation is provided and submitted
- Work with other teams within the department to schedule deliveries
- Be the company Subject Matter Expert as it pertains to import procedures and compliance
- Competitively bid out both sea-freight and air-freight on a regular basis
- Keep tabs on purchase orders and incoming product
- Follow up with vendors on deliverables
- Work with freight forwarders to bring product in
- Calculate landed cost
- Quote out freight cost and work closely with buyers to advise on purchasing terms
The Successful Applicant
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS for the Import Logistics Coordinator
2+ years operational experience in international transportation preferably with an international logistics provider or Consumer Products company
Bilingual a plus but not required
Demonstrate initiative and the ability to think and act in an independent and proactive manner
Ability to effectively organize workload and meet deadlines
Interpersonal and basic people management skills
Ability to work independently for some of the time and make decisions where necessary
Attention to detail and conscientious approach to work
Good presentation skills
Knowledge of state, federal and international applicable laws and regulations as they relate to primary services provided (i.e. Customs, Security, other import & export government agencies that regulate international trade).
What's on Offer
Part of a growing company creating opportunities for advancement both in logistics and in other business areas.
Small company culture with the opportunity to engage cross functionally on a regular basis.
Michael Page and Our Client are EEO