You are here
Indonesia Manufacturing Manager – Printing and Carton Packaging Firm
About Our Client
Our client is an Indonesian firm with a strong vision to become the nation’s fastest growing printing and carton packaging firm with growth focus to diversify across the entire process value chain. Our client is equipped with best-in-class technology (offset presses & various automated finishing machines) to deliver quality products and services for their customers, which ensures a thorough and positive experience throughout the end-to-end supply chain process.
Our client is poised to have a leading position in the packaging industry, developing more business units and profit centres throughout the entire process; from the procurement of the raw material, material handling management, state of the art automated manufacturing system, efficient distribution networks, and ultimately recycling/waste management.
Indonesia offers plenty of opportunities in this industry, exemplified by the growing demand of our client’s customer. Our client seeks to invest in best-in-class technology and most strenuous certifications to tap the export market. Our client is looking for a Country Manufacturing Manager to be located at their Cikarang Plant. This role will directly report to the company’s President Director and oversees all manufacturing divisions and their respective managers.
1. Responsible in the operational process of daily production, including formulation of implementation plans, technical settings of equipment, targets, and KPIs
2. In-depth technical understanding of offset printing presses and various finishing machines such as but not limited to die-cut, spot-UV, inspecting, and folder-gluer machines.
3. Ensure maintenance of machines and that each production run is executed optimally with regards to efficiency
4. Responsible for the implementation of production SOPs in production and develop decision-making capabilities for his subordinates
5. Responsible to ensure that the production parameters assumed in the formulation of a quotation to the customer is met during actual production runs to prevent overruns in costs
6. Responsible to oversee the product development process for new orders (pre-press) and the entire production process: planning of raw-material readiness, production queues, delivery schedules, and inventory control
7. Responsible for the calculation of stock needs and inventory management (Raw Material, Work-in-Process, and Finished Good stocks) to uphold the spirit of on-time delivery and just-in-time stocks
8. Managing and evaluating the costs associated with a production run, continually optimizing the cost structure and budget control through continuous-improvement and other efficiency measures
9. Responsible for manpower planning for various job-loads; compile and allocate human resources effectively and efficiently
10. Responsible in conducting performance evaluation of production employees; create, manage, train, and assess the development of production personnel on the plant
11. Responsible for inventory management and control of raw-material usage to prevent overruns in costs and continual inventory checks and reconciliations
12. Conduct analysis and evaluation of each production process and compile a report to be presented to the President Director
13. Experienced in Kaizen and continuous improvement to optimize efficiency in production, material flow, human resource allocation, and inventory planning
14. Reviewing ongoing SOPs and making amendments and corrections as deemed necessary to optimize work-flows and cost-structure
15. Conduct monitoring process to ensure that there is no discrepancy between SOP and field practice
16. Take necessary remedial and preventive actions to mitigate any possible production risks that could arise
17. Maintain a positive attitude to help subordinates with their personal development
18. Hard-working, constructive, communicative, and equipped with a problem-solving mind-set
19. Strong and positive internal communication skills across all levels in the company and good people-skills for external facing interactions with customers and vendors
20. Responsible to address customer complaints related to their respective orders and develop control systems to prevent such an occurrence from happening again
21. Provide recommendations and review for food safety management system
22. Understand recycling systems and waste management to develop into a potential profit centre for further growth strategy in the future
23. Understand global procurement process to optimize cost structure and potentially develop a trading business unit as a profit centre for further growth strategy in the future
24. Beneficial to have deep-relationships with global customers to introduce export opportunity for Company
25. Understanding of logistics and warehousing systems to ensure inventory control and to potentially develop as a profit centre for further growth strategy in the future
The Successful Applicant
• US Citizen, Australian, Japanese, and Indonesian nationalities are welcome.
• Mature, tough, dynamic, and good integrity with a strong sense of leadership to expand and grow a firm
• Bachelor Degree in any Engineering discipline. Industrial engineering preferred
• Minimum with 20 years of progressive and relevant experience within the paper packaging manufacturing industry. Preferable in carton packaging.
• Minimum 5 years in senior management/consulting role.
• Prior working experience within an MNC environment with end-to-end packaging value chain knowledge
• Possess good business acumen, with good organizational, and planning skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, and able to engage all level of staff
• Good English communication (both verbal and written)
• Deep knowledge in ISO 9001:2008 and HACCP
What's on Offer
• Competitive compensation and benefit package in Indonesia
• Ability in being flexible in exerting E2E industry knowledge throughout the organization
• Positive and constructive organizational management team
For further inquiries, you may contact Gani Garbadi (firstname.lastname@example.org) or directly to +62 21 2958 8857