You are here
Information Security Consultant | Risk Management
Information Security Consultant
IT Risk Management
About Our Client
The Information Security & IT Risk Management team acts as a control group to ensure that security operations procedures are performed and all risks are mitigated. In addition, this position will act to implement new or enhance existing security controls to protect the firm, it's client and employees from harm.
- Disposition daily requests from the business that require security review such as email with potentially malicious content, firewall access, access to blocked websites, remote access, external file transfers, privileged access, etc.
- Incident Management - Manage the assessment, containment, and response to information security incidents (e.g. Intrusion Detection System, etc.).
- Introduction or enhancement of security controls and remediation of exposures.
- Vulnerability Management - review current environment for vulnerability exposure and emerging threats. Participation in the Patch Management Program to identify new patches, rate patch severity, manage monthly meetings, produce metrics, and follow up with responsible parties.
- Suspicious Activity Monitoring - Monitor and investigate potential Information Security breaches from various security systems (e.g. IDS, anti-virus, DLP, logs, etc.).
- Provide guidance as needed to IT and Business partners to ensure secure implementation of processes, systems and services.
The Successful Applicant
- 5 years of experience within an Information Security role.
- 5 years of experience in an IT role.
- Technical knowledge of Information Technology systems and the ability to analyze them for vulnerabilities:
- TCP/IP (IP addressing and commonly used port assignments); Windows, UNIX and Linux Operating Systems; Client-Server applications; Web based applications; Remote Access technologies; Mobile devices
- Knowledge of law and regulations surrounding the financial services sector is a plus
- Knowledge of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery is a plus
- Information Security certification a plus: CISSP, CISM, SANS, etc.
- Programming experience is a plus
What's on Offer
Competitive Hourly Rate