You are here
Inquiries and Surveillance Analyst
- Opportunity at a top tier financial institution in New York
- An Inquiries and surveillance analyst role
About Our Client
An international financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking and wealth management with an extensive presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia.
- Conduct initial analysis and assessment of alerts generated from system-generated alerts and cases using internal/external research tools.
- Conduct manual reviews/special investigations including but not limited to 314(a)/314(b) investigations, Grand Jury Subpoenas, Law Enforcement requests, negative media, and fraud.
- Take ownership of individual cases using appropriate case management tools and techniques to progress in order to meet timescales for alert investigation processing.
- Accurately document supporting evidence for alert/case closure or SAR filing.
- Participate and assist in miscellaneous projects and tasks as requested by the Management team.
- Determine if additional field inquiries are required and escalate as appropriate for non/low quality responses from the various affiliates.
- Carry out varying levels of research/investigation, depending on the complexity of each alert/case , and write narratives and/or investigation reports.
- Prepare quality SAR narrative for presentation at SAR review meetings.
The Successful Applicant
- 4-year college degree or international equivalent
- 4+ years of AML Compliance and Bank Secrecy Act experience
- 2+ years of research and/or investigations including Fraud, AML, Credit or Risk
- 2+ years of Microsoft office applications and Internet search tools
- 2+ years of case management recording
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Compliance, Risk, Operations or Control
- Knowledge of Correspondent Banking
- CAMS certification preferred
What's on Offer
Competitive market salary with benefits.