You are here
Internal Audit Senior
Competitive Base Salary
About Our Client
Fortune 500 company that is expanding their internal audit department.
- Plan audit to focus on higher risk areas based upon analytic work done up front and communications with relevant parties.
- Meet with business unit personnel to discuss initial findings, verify facts, obtain explanations and explore improvement opportunities
- Ownership of the scoping, planning, execution, and reporting of audits.
- Prepare draft audit findings and opportunities in report format and obtain and evaluate management's action plan in response to findings.
- Prepare thorough and organized work papers that provide a good audit trail including tests and supporting documents.
- Keep current with technical and professional knowledge, actively pursues new skills and knowledge to prepare for additional responsibilities
- Assist with investigations of allegations of violations of the Company's code of conduct
- Serve as a conduit for best business and accounting practices among the business units
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Up to 50% travel internationally
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree with a major in accounting
- Proficiency in Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Two - four years audit experience
- CPA or CIA is preferred
- Strong understanding of general business systems, practices and control techniques.
- Ability to independently review, analyze and develop recommendations in functional areas (e.g. accounting, finance, engineering, marketing, etc) going beyond the pure execution of audit program steps and draw conclusions as to management's effectiveness in maintain a sound control environment. Identify any impact on initial risk assessment profile based upon findings and determine and carry out level of follow up work required to ensure results are properly reflected in results submission to Group and Corporate.
- Computer proficiency, including expertise with spreadsheets and word processing software.
- Excellent communication skills including ability to communicate effectively through personal discussions, oral presentations and written reports.
What's on Offer
Competitive Base Salary.