You are here
- CPA Preffered
- 3+ years experience minimum
About Our Client
Our client is a global luxury retail organization headquartered in Connecticut with roughly 300 locations in the united States and operations in 13 countries on 3 continents.
- Plan the scope of the internal audit to be performed in accordance with the audit program.
- Obtain and review all necessary financial and operational data in preparation for the audit.
- Analyze and appraise the adequacy and effectiveness of the company's system of internal control in accordance with the Sarbanes - Oxley control matrix and the Internal Control audit program.
- Review compliance to policy and procedure, analyze / reconcile general ledger accounts, perform tests of transactions, and document audit work in accordance with the audit program.
- Summarize audit results. Conduct the exit interview presentation at the conclusion of the filed audit, discussing findings, deficiencies, and recommendations for corrective action.
- Prepare and complete the Internal Audit Work Paper package of the audit; and review the package with the Director, Internal Audit and supervising auditor.
- Prepare the written formal Internal Audit Report to Management in coordination with staff and management, concerning audit findings and recommendations.
- Make recommendations for changes to the Internal Audit Program.
- Undertake other general duties and special projects as required
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related focus, with minimum of five (5) years audit experience. Certification as CIA or CPA, or in process.
- Work experience in Retail, Wholesale, and/or Manufacturing industry preferred.
- Strong skills in audit techniques, practices and theory with ability to apply these skills to all phases of process.
- Must have advanced knowledge of Internal Control requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Must have a strong proficiency in MS Excel and working knowledge of other computerized accounting systems.
- Must be proficient in MS Word.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Ability to travel up to 35 percent domestically and internationally as needed.
- Must have a valid passport/visa to travel to Canada and/or Latin America.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to consistently exercise discretion and independent judgment
What's on Offer
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.