You are here
25% - 40% Travel Required
Manufacturing Experience Needed
About Our Client
Our client is an innovative manufacturing and consumer goods company who has recently completed several acquisitions. They've recently been ranked as one of Forbes most innovative companies to work for and prior to the acquisitions were consistently ranked as one of Forbes best small businesses.
- Assist in the development of risk-based internal audit plan.
- Participate in development and/or documentation of departmental standards in accordance with IIA professional standards.
- Conduct and document process walkthroughs to evaluate design and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Participate in the planning (including risk assessment) and fieldwork phases of internal audit projects and SOX compliance audit, ensuring that audit program steps are adequately satisfied and in accordance with audit schedule.
- Conduct first-level review of audit work to ensure departmental standards are met.
- Provide support, direction and feedback to audit team during all phases of audits.
- Develop presentations and coordinate meetings to discuss internal audit and SOX compliance audit results with management.
- Prepare professional audit reports and monitor the progress of management action plans from past audits.
- Ensure audit workpapers are appropriately reviewed, approved and filed as part of completing audit project.
- Coordinate with external auditors to ensure alignment of SOX compliance audit activities and maximize reliance on internal audit testing.
- Develop effective relationships with management and promote internal audit awareness throughout organization.
- Participate in special projects, including acquisition due diligence and integration activities.
- Stay abreast of audit "hot" topics and standards
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 4 years of public accounting, preferably Big 4, and/or internal audit experience.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of IT general controls and application controls a plus.
- Knowledge of data analytics and tools a plus.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally in 25 to 40% range.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills, able to work independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Deal with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism.
- Confidentiality and Integrity - must be able to represent and model integrity within the organization. Must possess and maintain the highest degree of security and confidentiality of information.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits offered