You are here
Inventory Accountant - Commodities
Work for a Highly Reputable and Established Company
Exposure to Company Leadership and Senior Management
About Our Client
Privately-held energy commodities distributing company located in the Metrowest, MA area.
The Inventory Accountant - Oil and Gas will be responsible for the following, but will not be limited to:
- Prepares and oversees the month end reconciliations for the company Throughput and Exchange activity; researches and resolves any discrepancies as appropriate.
- Works closely with the VP Controller, Financial Accounting, and Risk Analysis groups to assure accurate month end P&L estimates and reconciliations.
- Coordinates effectively with the Schedulers to determine any incoming pipeline, barge, rail and truck BOLs; identifies appropriate inventory or exchange accounts and contracts to apply the movement to; processes appropriate paperwork to complete the file.
- Inputs monthly throughput and exchange terminal inventory balances into the system accurately and within defined time frames; researches and resolves any discrepancies as appropriate.
- Controls and Updates of company Throughput and Exchange Agreements in Right Angle and provides strategic reporting regarding balances and expenses for those accounts.
- Creates and posts Journal Entries for any expenses as necessary, and actively participates in GL validation and reconciliations.
- Ad-hoc projects and assignments
The Successful Applicant
Education and Systems Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Experience in a related field required
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Proficiency with the MS Office Suite
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge, familiarity with Solarc RightAngle and Oracle Financial Systems preferred
- Minimum of 3 -5 years' experience in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 1-3 years' experience in the petroleum or energy industry.
- Ability to communicate effectively with professionals in positions of influence
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
What's on Offer
The Inventory Accountant - Oil and Gas will be receive an offer that includes the following, but will not be limited to:
- Excellent Health, Dental, Vision
- Career Growth
- Health Work-Life Balance
- 3 Weeks PTO, Plus Vacation
If interested please apply below for consideration within 72 hours.