You are here
Inventory and Allocation Specialist - Retail
Brand new role with multinational company
Location: Quincy, MA
About Our Client
Our client is multinational leader in re-sales of used industrial products. Our customers can be found in different industries, such as: shipping, off-shore, logistics, construction, automotive, oil- and chemical industry, governments, traders, general industry and many more.
The Inventory and Allocation Specialist will manage retail inventory flow and monitor the performance of assigned product categories to ensure inventory levels, product mix, and quantities are appropriate to maximize productivity and achieve overall company's financial objectives.
The Inventory and Allocation Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing allocation and replenishment strategies for designated sales distribution channels and assigned categories. This individual will conduct quantitative analysis to make independent decisions in accordance with the company's financial plans, store attributes, and inventory turn objectives. The Inventory and Allocation Specialist will work to improve product flow stock by reviewing retail channel demand to optimize orders that contributes to overall in stock levels with an appropriate balance of inventory that is both acceptable to our customers experience while assisting in maximizing inventory profitability.
This Inventory and Allocation Specialist will also maintain an open line of collaboration and communication with the cross functional teams regarding inventory needs and strategies to drive sales and overall support of smooth departmental processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the daily analysis and execution of the allocation process for all business channels
- Review forecasts, sales trends and advertising strategies to manage flow to achieve appropriate inventory position
- Identify optimal safety stock levels for all items combinations
- Monitor and manage forecasts to eliminate errors
- Work collaboratively to improve forecasts and inventory positions
- Provide allocation strategies to cross functional department to assist in all new items or special allocation needs as requested.
- Analyze and make recommendations on improved ship units and pack sizes
- Analyze and approve incremental sales opportunities based on current/future inventory
- Develop and communicate inventory allocation recommendations for products where supply cannot meet demand
- Manage inventory investment in safety stock to optimize service without driving excess inventory
- Analyze and expedite, as needed, future inbound supply to respond to projected inventory shortages
- Generate and maintain actionable metrics to exceed service targets
The Successful Applicant
Job Qualifications - Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years inventory, logistics, transportation management experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong understanding of inventory management and forecasting
- Proven track record as a decision maker
- Teamwork and Leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Manage and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications
The process for this role will move quickly with interviews taking place in the next 2 weeks - apply today for immediate consideration!
What's on Offer
- $60,000 - $75,000 base salary
- Performance based bonus
- Generous benefits package
- Brand new role
- International company with opportunity for growth