You are here
Inventory Control Manager
Inventory Control Manager
About Our Client
They will lead the inventory count efforts and maintain reconciled data records that accurately reflect the physical inventory. They are responsible for managing forecasting models and item data, constantly working towards maintaining adequate inventory levels as part of the Supply Chain Management team.
- Perform and lead cycle counts & rack audits on a daily basis for components, work in progress, raw material, chemical and finished goods; Lead end of month /end of year inventory cycle count
- Input and manage inventory data within Excel and ERP systems; Evaluate transactions and general data to identify anomalies and resolve count discrepancies
- Responsible for all warehouse inventory quantities that consists of Raw Materials, Chemicals, Palates and Containers, and Finished Goods
- Maintain accurate inventory record keeping though reconciling physical counts against system data
- Optimize and consolidated use of warehouse space while maintaining an accurate and consistent use of the item location system
- Manage logistics and arrangements on overseas shipping containers - Align shipping with production scheduling and client expectations
- Perform inventory conversions so that orders reconcile with one code, converting individual item codes to case code to create uniform inventory data
- Create item codes and maintain integrity of master data in ERP system, along with inputs in forecasting models
- Work closely with the warehouse team to maintain orderly storage and warehouse location system
- Manage 3rd party packaging relationship for logistical concerns relating to S/H, pickup and delivery, and documentation
- Responsible for monitoring inventory levels and reporting any replenishment needs to the Procurement Manager
- Identify and escalate as appropriate issues regarding the handling and storage of product.
- Execute defined work instructions, procedures, as well as company and safety policies.
- Provide ideas/insights to refine established procedures to improve inventory accuracy and efficiency, improve quality, or reduce cost.
- Continually work with management on projects and opportunities for optimization
- Bachelor's degree highly preferred; Associates degree with strong supplemental skillset and experience will be considered.
- 3 years professional experience - in inventory, physical product / file management, audit
- Professional use of excel for large data sets - must be comfortable manipulating data, creating formulas and tables - use of functions: vlookup, pivot table creation, IF, COUNT, SUMIF
- Experience in roles that demand a high level of attention for detail
- Experience keeping inventory data/SKUs in Excel; ERP experience is a plus
The Successful Applicant
- Highly focused, not easily distracted in busy and fast moving environments
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly accountable for data
- Highly communicative; asks pertinent questions
- Strong / proven attention to detail
- Multi-tasking - keeping mental track of many moving parts with attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments within the company.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds; climb a ladder, and do general physical work required within a warehouse environment.
What's on Offer
Salary, bonus and benefits.