You are here
IT Procurement Consultant
- Global Hedge Fund, Director or VP level consulting to permanent opportunity
- Cloud transition experience is necessary for considertation
About Our Client
Global Hedge Fund
Principal duties include:
- Procurement cloud services, completions and solutions that include the following Supplier Qualification: Sourcing Procurement Contracts, Purchasing, Self Service Procurement, Supplier Portal
- Development of strategic sourcing opportunities through the introduction of a competitive marketplace, demand management, supplier consolidation, and process reengineering
- Management of competitive bid processes including RFP's, RFI's, RFQ's
- Partner with Technology Leads and Legal team in the negotiation of various types of IT Vendor agreements; including Master Services Agreements (MSAs), Statements of Work (SOWs), Service Level Agreements (SLAs) etc.
- Own the full strategic sourcing cycle, including vendor identification and selection, price negotiation, and contract "red-lining" (editing).
- Thorough reporting and analyses of sourcing activities at the group and functional levels.
- Partner in the negotiation of associated legal agreements
- Leverage technology for the benefit of internal clients; recommending process improvements where applicable (for efficient cost allocations, accruals, etc.)
- Manage a robust pipeline of transactions in parallel with broader strategic projects
- Lead and drive the identification, planning and management of a pipeline of strategic sourcing projects for SVM.
- Market research and benchmarking of suppliers and related service categories
- Recruit, cultivate, and manage high-potential team members
- Think and act globally to lead and collaborate effectively on a cross-functional basis.
- Align the business unit, local, regional and global organization to maximize achievement of sourcing objectives and continuity of supply to position sourcing as a competitive advantage for the Company
The Successful Applicant
- 7-10+ years of IT sourcing and vendor management experience.
- Successful applicants must have previous experience with cloud migration and transition of existing platforms and processes
- Ability to Build and leverage strong relationships and networks both within and outside the organization. Effectively uses personal influence skills rather than authority to persuade others and gain support. Preferably with for large global organizations within the Financial Services, Information Technology, Pharmaceutical, or Telecommunications verticals or management consulting
- Relevant experience in executing MSAs, SOWs and SLAs within the IT spend areas such as Hardware, Software, and Professional Services.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a significant pipeline of deals/transactions simultaneously, while identifying and supporting strategic stakeholder projects/escalation requirements.
- Strong analytical and communications skills: the successful candidate must elicit and analyze multiple proposals, create corresponding business cases (including financial reports), and present clear and concise summaries of recommended options
- Solid track record of identifying and capturing sustainable, hard savings
- Comprehensive understanding of the marketplace for IT infrastructure
- Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to negotiate compromises for overall business benefit in the client's interests.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with senior management, clients and vendors.
- Ability to influence persuade, motivate and compel support for key initiatives from senior management and other key stakeholders, by delivering clear, well-structured presentations.
- Experience with competitive bidding (RFI, RFP, RFQ), vendor selection, and vendor risk assessment
What's on Offer
Consulting to permanent, pay rate commensurate with experience