You are here
IT Risk Officer
- Medium sized financial services firm is looking for a strong Risk candidate
- CISSP candidates will be looked at to help build out the IT Risk department
About Our Client
This firm has been expanding rapidly across the US and is looking to build out their branch in Newark, NJ. They deliver top quality financial solutions to all different professionals and businesses.
- Assist the Senior Risk Officer and Executive Management in developing an IT Risk strategy
- Responsible for bank compliance with all policies related to privacy and information security
- Acts as Liaison between IT and auditors/examiners for all audits and exams
- Assists the SRO with reviews of SSAE 16's (SOC 1, 2, and 3)
- Assists the SRO in providing Board reporting about information security
- Handles all incidents such as data breaches, identity theft, etc
- Accountable for staying abreast of evolving information security requirements and assisting the SRO in updating policy
- Help maintain membership and collaboration with external organizations
- Provide advice to senior management with regard to moderately complex issues.
- Assists in the review, development, testing and implementation of security plans, products and control techniques.
- Coordinates the reporting data security incidents.
- Provides technical support to management and staff in risk assessments and implementation of appropriate data security procedures and products.
- Monitors existing and proposed security standard setting groups. State and Federal legislation and regulations.
- Identifies and escalates changes that will affect information security policy, standards and procedures.
- Executes controls to prevent hackers from infiltrating company information or jeopardizing e-commerce programs.
The Successful Applicant
- CISSP certification is required
5+ years of risk management experience with proven ability to effectively apply risk principles to challenging business situations
- Experience in information security
Must display strong subject matter experience in application security, vulnerability testing and development of a risk appetite
Exceptional presentation and communication skills
Excellent influencing and problem resolution skills
Financial Institution knowledge is strongly desired
What's on Offer
- Competitive base + bonus