You are here
Junior Accountant - TEMP-PERM opportunity
Excellent opportunity - temp-perm - Junior Accountant
Large and well known non-profit organization in Downtown Manhattan
About Our Client
Our client is a non-profit organization. Their mission is engaging people in wildlife on a hemispheric scale through science, policy, education and on-the-ground conservation action. They have 700 staff across the country.
- Reconcile cash accounts and perform analysis of inventory and other asset accounts.
- Review and post journal entries prepared by business managers across the organization, ensuring that the coding is accurate and sufficient documentation has been provided.
- As part of a team, assist with month-end and year-end closing process, as well as the annual fiscal audit.
- Ad hoc projects as assigned by the Accounting Manager and Controller.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, as well as 0-1 years experience. Internship experience working in non-profit organizations a strong plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including advanced Excel skills (Pivot table, Vlookup), also required.
- Experience with Financial Edge, Raisers Edge or Blackbaud..
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; must be able to interpret financial information to non-finance professionals and provide thoughtful and creative problem-solving techniques with field staff.
- A self-starter, one with the ability to work independently and with field staff and consistently meet deadlines. Strong organizational and time management skills required.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and integrity a must.
What's on Offer
This Junior Accountant opportunity offers an attractive hourly rate, temp-perm opportunity, and great advancement opportunities as well.