You are here
Junior Accountant - TEMP TO PERM
USD20 - USD30 per hour (USD41,597 - USD62,395)
Seeking a go-getter!
Great opportunity to start career with a reputable company
About Our Client
Law Firm based in Downtown, New York City.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial package that details insight on current operating and financial trends of the company.
- Responsible for the further development and maintenance of all accounting policies and procedures.
- Assisting in the management of company-wide operating budgeting and capital budgeting process.
- Maintaining General Ledger, including Balance Sheet and Income Statement work papers.
- Finalizing and proofing of all tax work papers, financial statements and other documents used by the external CPA firm.
- Assist with month and year end tasks. Prepare journal entries as needed.
- Prepare monthly reports and ensure accuracy of the general ledger.
- Identify and research reconciling items.
- Support other accounting team members as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in accounting
- 1-3 years of law firm accounting experience.
- Experience with GAAP, Tax and Accrual level reporting
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
What's on Offer
- Competitive Compensation
- Unlimited growth opportunity
- Travel and expenses paid for
- Base and Bonus