You are here
Junior Accountant at NYC Based Real Estate Firm
Specializing in Real Estate Investment
About Our Client
A Manhattan based real estate firm, specializing in full service investment opportunities. The company has built up a network of clients which are served both internationally and domestic. All operations are conducted at a consistently high global standard, irrespective of market, and the firm continues to grow in size.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Maintains financial records for subsidiary companies by analyzing balance sheets and general ledger accounts.
- Reconciles general and subsidiary bank accounts by gathering and balancing information.
- Provides financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special projects.
- Corrects errors by posting adjusting journal entries.
- Maintains general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts receivable detail and control accounts; adjusting entries for amortizations prepaids; analyzing and reconciling retainage and accounts payable ledgers; preparing fixed asset depreciation and accruals.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups; keeping information confidential.
- Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting/Economics or equivalent experience
- Experience using property management and accounting software (i.e. Yardi, MRI)
- Knowledge of Quickbooks, Pivot Tables, and V-lookups is highly desirable
- Strong consulting, oral, written, presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to work in a complex team environment across multiple departments
- A self-starter that has the ability to work under minimum supervision and manage tight deadlines
What's on Offer
In addition to the opportunity to work in a fast paced, innovative industry, you will also have access to longevity and communication through the company. You will be rewarded with a competitive annual salary, plus a generous benefits package including 401K and health benefits. The position is available immediately, so please get in contact ASAP!