You are here
Junior Estimator - Commerical Gound UP projects $20m+
TOP National Construction firm operating in numerous markets
About Our Client
Our client is well regarded, nationally ranked contractor / construction manager with a strong track record servicing power, industrial, health care, gaming and educational clientele on Ground UP and renovation projects.
The Junior Estimator will work closely with the Senior Estimator, Director of Preconstruction and Project Management teams on large scale, complex new construction projects.
You will provide support to estimating services which include conceptual, schematic, design development & construction level estimates.
Whilst not an exhaustive list, the Junior Estimator will be required to:
- Perform all tasks related to Preconstruction Services.
- Develop and/or understands the full parameters of the project scope.
- Performs bidding and estimating project tasks.
- Achieves consensus with clients and internal teams relative to the project scope.
- Maintain positive relationships with all customers, sub-contractors and 3rd party consultancies
- Assist in the development of owner contracts as require
- Assist in value engineering
- Negotiate pricing
- Support marketing & business development in the acquisition of negotiated work
The Successful Applicant
In order to be considered for this exciting new opportunity, Junior Estimator candidates MUST be able to display the following:
- A minimum of 3 years+ of commercial construction estimating experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent combination of education and experience in related field
- Conceptual estimating experience
- Experience estimating large scale new construction projects is a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of estimating processes, technology and related software
- Thorough understanding of trades, scopes, time-lines, scheduling/sequencing of work
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships with subcontractor
- Strong attention to detail, strong organization skills (experience with union labor forces will be looked at favorable)
- Ability to organize work load and multi task projects simultaneously
What's on Offer
In return, our client offers an outstanding compensation package:
- Competitive base Salary
- Vacation/Sick/Paid Holidays
- 401k Plan
- A range of other corporate benefits