You are here
About Our Client
Our client is a non-profit organization located in
- Conducts monthly budget review in order to effectively manage the financial activities of each grant to assure that all activities fall within funder and agency guidelines.
- Meets with program staff on a monthly basis to review and explain the financial health of the program.
- Prepares budget analysis and projections for cost-based grants and coordinates with program in meeting objectives for performance-based grants. Ensures that budget module is up to date and accurate.
- Responsible for the preparation of financial reports for submission to funding sources.
- Prepares budget proposals, modification and renewal budgets.
- Establishes audit schedule and coordinates funder audit. Prepares plan for corrective action, as needed.
- Maintain complete and accurate grant files.
- Process requests for advances on new contracts.
- Reconcile receivables and income earned from public and private sources.
- Prepare and process salary and otps allocation changes.
- Train program staff on proper coding of expenditures and ensure proper coding of expenses.
- Prepare cost analysis and projection for development fund raising activities.
- Responsible for timely transfer of expenditures between funds, cost allocations and other schedules.
- Attend professional trainings, including funder trainings in order to be informed of any changes in funders' requirements.
- Undertakes special projects as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Word are needed.
- Ability to work within strict time constraints and be able to manage multiple tasks at the same time is essential.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent relevant experience.Experience:
- At least one year of previous grant experience is preferred.
- 1-3 years of accounting experience, preferably working in the not for profit environment
What's on Offer
This is a temp-perm opportunity.