You are here
Key Account Manager - Automotive
- Global leader in the automotive market
- Newly created position due to rapid growth, account base already established
About Our Client
Our client for the Automotive Key Account Manager is a privately held automotive and commercial vehicle structural manufacturer for light and heavy vehicles. Due to a recent acquisition of a German based competitor, the Automotive Key Account Manager will focus on the German OEM customer base.
The Key Account Manager will serve as the primary business contact for the customer and is responsible for customer satisfaction. The Key Account Manager is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to accounts, represent customer needs and goals within the organization, and build relationships with customers to encourage repeat and new business opportunities.
- Understand, respect, and communicate customer requirements
- Manage and develop responses to customer quote requests in a timely manner
- Responsible for all customer communications, conflict resolution, and compliance to customer deliverables
- Reviews all major deliverables to ensure customer expectations are met
- Negotiate product pricing, contracts and agreements, ensuring a profitable return
- Seek out new opportunities at the customer with existing products or new products for continuous business growth
- Establish and maintain relationships with customer decision makers and key strategic personnel through personal visitation, communication, and entertainment to instill trust and confidence with the customer.
- Demonstrate leadership in promoting products, technology, innovation and goodwill.
- Resolve all issues between customer and maintain a healthy business relationship
- Understand and communicate all appropriate customer requirements, viewpoints, desires, and comments internally
- Provide intelligence on customers and competitors regarding news, developments, strategies, etc.
- Provide input of market conditions and forecasting to support business objectives and budgets
- Participate in cost-cutting activity including idea generation and presentations
- Attend and support key customer meetings including commercial, engineering, manufacturing and quality
- Maintain and ensure Purchase Orders are current and accurate
- Maintain pricing summary, design change summary and all critical commercial communications and history
- Closely interface with cross-functional teams to develop comprehensive product and service solutions for our customer
- Stay abreast of all quality and delivery issues and ensure communications and resolutions are happening a timely fashion
- Maintain documents according to the requirements of the Quality System and customers
- Additional responsibilities as required - this position is subject to change as the needs of the department change
The Successful Applicant
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, or (Engineering preferred)
5 plus years of automotive sales and/or account management experience
Experience with German OEMs (Mercedes, BMW) is preferred
What's on Offer
Competitive Base Salary, 401K immediately, Profit Sharing, Full Benefits