You are here
Key Account Manager Industrial - Midwest
High Career Growth Potential
About Our Client
Our client for the Key Account Manager Industrial - Midwest opportunity is for a global manufacturer of sealing solutions for customers in various industries including food and beverage, chemical processing, marine and power generation, medical/laboratory, heavy equipment, semiconductors, and more. This organization is a subsidiary of a billion dollar parent company.
The Key Account Manager will work from a home office and must be located near a major airport. This person can be based anywhere in the Midwest including Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, Indiana, or Missouri. The Key Account Manager will travel about 50% of the time, half driving, and half flying within the region. The Key Account Manager will identify business opportunities within the region, and must have a business development, hunter mentality. This person must come from a solutions oriented sales background to solve problems for customers, and will be expected to penetrate multiple layers of contacts at customers in order to drive the sales process. This organization is looking for high potential individuals that can grow with the organization as there are several promotional opportunities within the division and across sister companies.
- Develop a clear understanding of the target strategic markets, how to win the business, and stay abreast of competitors
- Identify and grow new business opportunities within the region with OEM and End Users
- Manage key accounts and develop new strategic accounts through new business development
- Identify market needs, changing market conditions, and competitive advantages
- Support execution of new product development with internal teams.
- Work with internal and external customers to accurately develop pipeline and forecasting, pricing, technical applications, etc.
- Travel 50-60% within the Midwest region
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field (Engineering degree preferred - Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, or related, but not required)
- 3-7 years of industrial sales experience with OEMs and End Users
- Proven sales track record identifying and closing business providing customer satisfaction and solutions
- Highly motivated with a strong sense of work ethic and drive to succeed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to influence internal and external customers
- Strong business acumen, problem solving, analytical and negotiation skills
- Strong ability to multi-task and highly organized
- Strong leadership skills and drive to grow career
What's on Offer
Base salary, Annual Bonus, Car Allowance, Phone, Computer, Credit Card, Benefits, 401K
Sales, business development, strategic, manufacturing, engineering, engineer, account manager, regional, territory, pumps, compressors, hydraulics, pneumatics, air, flow, food, beverage, industrial, medical, laboratory, printing, packaging, material handling, transportation, environment, environmental, seals, bearings, gaskets,