You are here
Key Account Manager - New Technologies
Global leader in the automotive market
Seeking candidates to drive innovation with existing customers
About Our Client
Our client for the Key Account Manager - New Technologies opportunity is a global leading manufacturer and supplier of plastic components and decorative finishing for the automotive industry.
This leading European based company has a strong reputation and is still a privately held family owned organization. With over 50 years of experience they are able to leverage strong relationships with material suppliers, strategic partners, and a global purchasing team that gives them an edge over their competition. In addition to a strong network of suppliers, this company invests year after year in research and development and even manufacturers their own paints and coatings for finishes. This organization is doing business with nearly every OEM and major tier 1 supplier.
The Key Account Manager - New Technologies will be responsible for introducing, promoting, and selling new product lines within existing customers. They will develop and implement plans to expand the organization's product reach and profit revenues by promoting new product lines into existing OEM customers. My client is looking for someone with a hunter's mentality and who has experience with expanding product lines within current accounts.
- Identify and grow new business opportunities
- Manage key accounts and develop new strategic accounts through new business development
- Identify market needs, changing market conditions, and competitive advantages
- Contribute to marketing efforts in order to increase the pace of customer acquisition and project execution
- Attending and presenting at industry events.
- Ability to travel throughout the Greater Detroit Area on a regular basis
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree required (Engineering degree preferred - Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, or related)
- 5-10 years of automotive OEM sales experience, selling new product offerings and technology
- Proven sales track record identifying and closing business providing customer satisfaction and solutions
- Strong business acumen, problem solving, analytical and negotiation skills
- Highly motivated with a strong sense of work ethic and drive to succeed
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary, bonus, phone, computer, benefits, 401K, global advancement opportunities