You are here
- Lead Estimator for a Luxury Residential Construction Firm
- Newly Created Position in an Expanding Company
About Our Client
Our client is a leading design-build firm that is exclusively focused on residential construction, specifically custom homes. They have won several awards over the past 20 years and are currently looking to expand and open what will be their third office. They are typically performing about 15 projects per year, and that will be spread across new construction and large-scale renovations.
- Capable of performing detailed quantity take-offs and organizing the quantities with unit pricing in production of an estimate.
- Ability to build a full conceptual cost estimate from architectural sketches.
- Experience in developing and implementing value engineering solutions to drive down project costs for the Owner while maintaining a high level of construction quality.
- Experience in coordinating with the architect, structural engineer, civil engineer, and MEP engineers to determine cost effective solutions during the design process.
- Capable of writing detailed scopes of work for construction contracts to be implemented by the field operations team.
- Ability to coordinate the scopes of work of multiple trades to ensure nothing is missed for the project team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple, concurrent projects and aggressive deadlines.
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years experience in construction estimating
- Vast knowledge of all trades: scope, time frames/field execution, typical missed scope/exposures
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge about estimating processes and delivery methods
- Understand MEP systems and components, and be able to scope and analyze MEP bids
- Solid conceptual estimating experience
- Management experience: coaching, feedback delivery, delegating and mentorship
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of contract types and deal structures
- Extensive experience with retail construction projects
What's on Offer
Our client offers best-in-class benefits on top of a very competitive base salary