You are here
Lead Project Engineer
10+ Years' Capital Project Experience
Food, Beverage, or Pharmaceutical industry knowledge a must
About Our Client
Our client is a multi-billion manufacturing organization in the food industry which has been in business for over 45 years.
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to existing processes and facilities to improve all plant metrics
- Prepare Project Requirements for, select and manage Contractors as necessary to support project execution
- Provide organization-wide technical expertise in recognized knowledge area in Food or Pharmaceutical processing or packaging
- Execute strategic capital investment projects using all TPM based Early Management Tools
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Support production and packaging facilities with technical leadership and facilitation of Root Cause Analysis, Focused Improvement and FMEA (Failure Modes Effects Analysis)
- Participate in the development of Start Up planning with plant personnel to identify all additional labor requirements, scrap produced and start up inefficiencies
- Ensure that all projects are completed with proper technical documentation, training, spare parts lists and support contacts based on FMEA and plant input. Develop and use standard project turnover and close out check lists
- Partner with EHS (Environmental Health and Safety) on safety and ergonomic requirements to all equipment and layouts
- Hold all vendors and contractors accountable to all fiduciary commitments and GMP and safety practices
- Set performance guarantee criteria for all suppliers and vendors supplying equipment and solutions.
- Accountable for ensuring supplier and vendor commitments are fully met.
- Complete all projects on time, within budget and within scope and stated results
- Participate in the Capital Planning Process for the entire organization leveraging experience and technical expertise.
- Develop project timelines and milestones around plant production commitments to ensure project completion. Utilized Gantt charts or the like to communicate project timelines and progress
- Leverage standardization and Reliability Centered Maintenance principles to support project success
- Communicate effectively both internally and with all customers to update status
- Supervise Vendors, Contractors and Plant Personnel through project installation
The Successful Applicant
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Capital Management Skills including an understanding of the Capital Planning for multiple sites or at the corporate level, depreciation and cost estimation
- Management of at least 3 Engineers on either a project or ongoing basis
- Strong Microsoft Office® Product Skills, including Microsoft Project®
- Strong AutoCAD® skills
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Ability to prepare detailed planning documents including long-range planning and milestones
- Strong facilitation, verbal and written communication skills
- Travel to plants could be required as projects are developed, installed and started up. Travel could be as much as 60%.
Education and Experience:
- Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Chemical Engineering Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Recognized expertise in the area of Food or Pharmaceutical manufacturing and packaging or Safety and Environmental expertise
- At least 10-years of Capital Project Engineering Experience including projects > $3,000,000 in total spend
- Multi-site experience in regulatory requirements including Air and Water permitting
- Comprehensive knowledge of Lean, TPM, TQM, 6σ or other Early Management techniques
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary, bonus, and benefits