You are here
Legal Billing Specialist
USD25 - USD40 per hour (USD51,996 - USD83,194)
Great opportunity with a top law firm in Manhattan
Unlimited growth opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is a top tier law firm in Midtown, New York City.
- Review time entries to ensure proper matter coding, billing rates, compliance with client guidelines and missing time and proactively follow up with timekeepers and their assistants when necessary.
- Provide budgeting, forecasting, and ad hoc client specific reporting, including participating in meetings with Billing Partners and Management.
- Create, draft, finalize and process client bills, including but not limited to, preparation of narrative descriptions as well as detailed time/cost bills generated from Elite and the submission bills through various electronic billing systems.
- Work closely with senior management and report on daily activities.
- Create spreadsheets that encompass estimations of projected billings and costs for new clients and new matters. Review client billing guidelines and communicating same to respective billing attorney and Director of Billing and Collections.
- Proactively follow up on past due invoices, including communicating with clients and preparing status reports to Billing Attorney and Firm Management
- Analyzing AFA proposals.
- Assist with client surveys, including analyzing data from various sources.
- Maintenance of several reporting schedules.
- Monitor contingency fees, fee caps, fixed fee and volume discounts and prepare budget reports for distribution to stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related
- 3-5 years Law Firm experience in Billing
- Knowledge of Elite Enterprise
- Advanced Excel skills
What's on Offer
- Reputable Company
- Easy location
- Unlimited growth opportunity