You are here
- A Loan Closer
- At a leading community bank
About Our Client
At a leading community bank
- Process loan closings to ensure that loans close on schedule, including:
- Coordinate document flow between the Bank's closing attorney, the borrower's attorney and the Bank's internal teams (i.e., Loan Origination, Loan Servicing and Portfolio Management).
- Arrange closing/due diligence conference calls with relevant internal and external transaction parties.
- Identify business issues and legal issues as they arise in the closing process and refer to appropriate Carver party(s) for resolution.
- Interact with bankers, attorneys, and borrowers to coordinate closing once all conditions have been satisfied.
- Establish and maintain a thorough knowledge of all Carver loan products and investor requirements to ensure quality closing packages and potential salability into the market.
- Initiate environmental review (Phases I, II and III) as necessary.
- Determine escrow or holdback balances and establish related accounts through Retail.
- Update tickler system in Sageworks software with escrow or violation holdback release dates.
- Create approval exception reporting for management
- Assemble and prepare closing documents and file, including:
- Assist in creation of settlement sheets with counsel and Loan Origination Specialist.
- Review and verify executed closing packages to ensure all documents are present, complete, and executed and all fees are included with the package.
- Assist in assembling post-closing package for Loan Servicing Specialist.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum Associates Degree or equivalent related business experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience in loan administration and/or loan servicing.
- Familiarity with all phases of loan processing.
- Loan documentation experience and basic credit skills required.
- Strong communications skills, with the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational, time management and analytic skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of commercial real estate, construction, business, SBA, residential and consumer mortgage loan processing and loan documentation.
- Knowledge of State, Federal and general banking compliance requirements and regulations.
- Knowledge of Fiserv Premier, EasyLender and Sageworks loan systems.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel & Word skills.
What's on Offer
A Loan Closer will receive a competitive hourly rate in New York, NY.