You are here
Global Chemical and Additive Manufacturing Company
Excellent career opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is a Global Chemical and Additives Manufacturing Company
The Logistics Coordinator will be a part of the North America Logistics Team and responsible to ensure that operational logistics activities in Mexico are performed efficiently, meet agreed KPIs and functional goals, look after third party logistics providor performance and address issues. The Logistics Coordinator will interfaces regularly with other Supply functions, Procurement and Sales colleagues. Day to day responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible to maintain inventory within agreed targets for all Mexico sites through SAP inventory management: monitor, plan, analyse, investigate, update and reconcile levels, imbalances and errors.
- Lead point of contact for any supply chain initiatives related to inventory optimization (e.g. SMOG, reduction plans, etc…)
- Responsible for analyzing and optimizing extra costs (e.g. Demurrage) associated with the import/export process;
- Close interface with supply points to ensure shipment schedules can be and are met.
- Liaise with third party service providers (3PL) to ensure that transportation is available to meet on-time shipment and delivery targets.
- Proactively identify and troubleshoot logistic issues before they turn into late deliveries.
- TPPM leader for third parties under Supply Chain responsibility in Mexico.
- Monitor vendor aging reports - troubleshoot items that did not auto-pay or paid incorrectly, and identify opportunities to automate payments where possible.
- Review and process invoices (non-autopay) accurately and timely.
- Support customer complaint investigations, recommend and ensure preventive measures at third party vendors are implemented and effective to meet the CPI corporate goal
- Serve as the main point of contact for all assigned import/export activities, including but not limited to, Sales Orders, STO's, imports, shipment costing, FF contact, and import of samples to customers.
- Ensure logistics services are in compliance with internal and external business processes and regulatory requirements.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with relevant internal functions, primarily Manufacturing, Sales, SCA, and Procurement organizations.
- Back up of SLC for Colombia as well as other North America SLCs.
- Provide work directions to local trainee
The Successful Applicant
- 3+ years' experience in manufacturing or supply chain logistics operations
- Experience in the chemicals industry preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain or Chemical engineering
- Experience with SAP a plus
- Fluency in English and Spanish required.
- Cross functional team working and inter-personal skills
- Demonstrate solid analytical skills
- Communicate effectively and build good relationships both internally and externally
- Effective under pressure
What's on Offer
- Competitive Base Salary plus target bonus
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Paid Vacation and Holidays