You are here
- Great opportunity
- Transporation Knowledge required
About Our Client
Our client is a global food company looking for a Logistics & Transportation Manager.
- Responsible for Routing Guide depth and performance
- Manages Transportation Management System and performance outcomes
- Monitors shipments, providing problem-solving resolutions.
- Ensures transportation capacity support customer needs.
- Accountable for third party warehousing.
- Establishes and maintains master data as necessary to provide systemic controls
- Interfaces with all levels of management and departments to insure customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Develops and controls annual budget
- Prepares monthly expense and accrual report.
- Performs monthly analysis of distribution cost and variance to budget
- Directs vendor selection and negotiations.
- Compiles and analyzes management reports for optimum cost effectiveness and operational planning.
- Responsible for setting and maintaining all departmental policy and procedures.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related.
- 3-5 year's logistics management experience in food manufacturing industry but not mandatory.
- Knowledge of Transportation Management Systems (TMS) and Resource Planning (ERP) Systems.
- An advanced level of MS Excel skills.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for moving goods by air, truck, or sea, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to manage track and allocate budgets.
- Sufficient level of skills in MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access
- Prior experience in successfully managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
What's on Offer
Comprehensive salary + benefits