You are here
Industry-leading Chemical Company
Established Company with Burgeoning Scope
About Our Client
- Pioneer in the industry, in operation for over 80 years
- Domestic & International operations
- Publicly-traded with revenues in excess of $1B
- Full member of the American Chemistry Council
- Coordinate the post fixture operational movements of bulk vessels and barges for inbound raw materials and outbound finished products with brokers/vessel owners, loading and unloading facilities/plants/customers.
- Develop and collect vessel load/unload performance information, compile overall reports, distribute to applicable users and suggest improvements.
- Calculate lay-time and settle demurrage/dispatch requirements and work with finance to invoice.
- Work with Bulk Marine Procurement Manager to ensure timely payment of all freight charges to brokers and vessel owners, as well as payments to all other providers of services associated with bulk marine operations.
- Create and improve process documentation for vessel operations and scheduling. Act as back up to Supply Chain Planning team for bulk shipments.
- Manage and execute freight payment for bulk marine and terminal vendors.
- Conduct research of potential port facilities and provide recommendations to business groups and procurement function.
- Participate in commercial and plant operational meetings dealing with bulk marine movements.
- Coordinate the liquid vessel/barge maintenance outages with the vessel owners/operators and all required PMT groups.
- Act as back-up to the Bulk Marine Procurement Manager for vessel & barge chartering/contracting function in both the dry and liquid product operations.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Marine/Vessel Operations, Supply Chain, Logistics or other related degree (Merchant Marine Degree strongly preferred)
- 4 years of bulk marine post fixture and global logistics experience
- Experience working with Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT)
- Other logistics experience; Containerized Ocean, Forwarders, rail, truck, trade compliance.
- Procurement experience to include supplier management & negotiations with documented positive results at site and business staff levels in the areas listed above.
- Demonstrated results driving productivity and supply chain optimization.
- Proven leadership abilities in cross functional staff and site operations environments.
- History of positive results with large collaborative teams operating at multiple levels across an organization.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Target Bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package