You are here
Exciting leadership opportunity with a global fashion company in DTLA
Excellent base salary & benefits
About Our Client
The Logistics Manager is primarily an inward facing role with strategic, analytical, operational and budget management responsibilities. This role will work within the global operations team and currently has 1 direct report.
The Logistics Manager will be a key part of growing the company operations; they will be the key liaison point between development, production, marketing, customer service and supply chain teams as the company expands their US operation.
The role includes oversight and management of all projects in the following key areas:
- Operations, systems & processes
- Order Management System implementation and adoption
- Delivery & Fulfillment
- Returns Management and Strategy
- Inventory Management
- Vendor Compliance
They will work closely with the COO to implement systems and processes, companywide.
The Logistics Manager will also work with their China-based operations counterpart who will be based in Suzhou. They will actively drive a dynamic relationship with the China leadership team, ensuring seamless company-wide communications, consistency of culture across US, Australian and Chinese locations, deliver clear communications around company changes, as well as closely monitoring operational changes required in China to realize key operating efficiencies in the US.
The Logistics Manager will work closely with the following departments:
- Customer Service
- Product Development
- Supply Chain
- China Operations
Delivery & Fulfillment
The Logistics Manager will be responsible for creating and implementing infrastructure, systems and processes that deliver a superior customer experience by actively driving the functions in the business related to delivery, fulfillment, logistics and returns globally. It will be their responsibility to ensure we have the right suppliers, systems, technology and anything else required to deliver packages to customers and ensure easy returns, including customer communications related to this. They will deliver on this, to budget, based on forecast margin expectations.
Manage the implementation of delivery and fulfillment for new sales channels, both direct to consumer and wholesales
Negotiation, set up and management of transport carriers including rate reconciliation
Management of duty and customs compliance
Management of local US freight forwarding vendors
Returns & Inventory Management
The Logistics Manager will oversee and manage our returns process from both a customer experience perspective and operational perspective.
Management of the 3PL partnership, setting and monitoring returns and re-fulfilment KPIs.
Management and monitoring of returned inventory levels. Work with COO on strategies to reduce inventory levels by increasing re-fulfillment.
The Logistics Manager will be responsible for managing the outsourced, post-sales customer service vendor and ensuring quality and compliance is met at all times.
People & Culture
Builds the local US operations team as the business expands.
Mentors and develops team
Drives and instills positive business culture
Key Performance Indicators
- 98.5% on time turnaround from 3PL
- 99% accurate inventory reporting
- 98.5% on time delivery from domestic carriers
- Builds and develops a high performing team
- Aged inventory max of 3 months
- Post-Sales customer service satisfaction >80%
- Budget management and compliance
- Duty and Customs compliance
- Supply chain vendor performance
The Successful Applicant
- An entrepreneurial mindset combined with complete passion, dedication and enthusiasm for the business
- 4 years + experience in fashion apparel manufacturing and/or relevant retail
- 2 years + experience in eCommerce and/or web application development
- 2 years + experience in implementation of cloud services and/or other technology-based operational systems
- 4 years + experience managing suppliers, preferably in 3PL fields
- Returns management experience
- Inventory management experience
- Startup experience strongly preferred
- Strong project management skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Economics or similar
- Demonstrate financial management ability
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented, with superior project management skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi task and follow through in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet tight and often conflicting deadlines
- High energy levels
- Must be a committed team worker
- Advanced skills in all MS Office applications
What's on Offer
- Excellent base salary & benefits
- Opportunity to grow with a rapidly expanding fashion apparel company