You are here
Highly visible role at a well known international CPG company!
Rapidly growing company in downtown Chicago!
About Our Client
Our client is a very well-known, rapidly growing international CPG company. They have been around for over 100 years and are continuing to establish themselves even further! Our client is looking for a Logistics Manager to lead a team of high achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement.
The primary responsibilities of the Logistics Manager include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate shipping and receiving and optimize transportation costs by checking quotes and monitoring freight costs
- Oversee a team of two direct reports to accomplish company objectives and goals
- Responsible for monitoring Service Provider level, KPI's and process improvement
- Develop successful peak planning tools and strategy with internal and external partners
- Use data to set priorities and translates goals into action plans
- Lead cross-functional projects to drive additional cost savings based on knowledge / understanding of carrier networks and negotiated rates
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the Logistics Manager position:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Experience managing a 3PL required
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- SAP Experience required
- Strong communication, organization & delegation skills
- 5+ years logistics/transportation experience
- Ability to set priorities and delegate workload in a fast paced and ever changing environment
What's on Offer
If you are interested in the Logistics Manager opportunity, please apply directly and all qualified candidates will be contacted. This role offers a competitive salary and bonus structure that is commensurate with current salary and experience.