You are here
Mailroom & Office Coordinator
- Work for a leading asset management firm in brand new beautiful midtown offices!
- Hybrid Office Coordination/ Mailroom position, lots of variety on offer!
About Our Client
Our client are a global asset management firm that pride themselves on their innovative, team-based culture and entrepreneurial spirit. Listed on the FTSE and with a global presence spanning several countries, their track records spans decades. Due to a focus on growth within their North American businesses, a newly created role has been established to support the New York Office Manager (based in the midtown Manhattan), with mail-room, facilities, and office administration tasks.
Responsibilities associated with the role of Mail-room & Office Coordinator, based in Midtown, Manhattan - will be as follows:
- Sorting, delivering, and sending out mail and packages on a daily basis;
- Assisting employees with shipment of packages;
- Frequently running errands to the Post Office for special mailings and daily drop off of mail;
- Monitoring of daily supplies for café/bistro and coffee bars to insure they are fully stocked at all times;
- Ordering of supplies for café/bistro, coffee bars, when necessary;
- Restocking soda vending machines on a daily basis, and ordering supplies when necessary;
- Handling a high volume of refreshment deliveries for in-house and client meetings;
- Maintaining the inventory and monitoring supply of toner cartridges for printers, and paper and supplies for all copiers;
- Keeping common areas of copy rooms organized and neat;
- Removing paper debris from Shredders when necessary; and
- Helping to ensure that the overall office environment is kept neat and clean.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this role you will ideally be either:
- A recent college graduate, looking for an entry level opportunity into the financial services world; OR
- A junior administrative assistant with exposure to a financial services environment.
Additionally, the following will be looked upon favorably:
- Prior mail-room experience;
- Proficiency using a Pitney Bowes machine;
- Proficiency using Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
Finally, you will be a well presented individual with strong communication skills. Covering reception will be an expectation of this role as will be adhoc administrative support to teams and executives. Therefore you will be confident in your ability to make autonomous decisions with guidance from the Office Manager; working in a fast-paced, often high-pressure environment where meeting deadlines is paramount!
What's on Offer
In return for your commitment to administrative excellence in the Mail-room & Office Coordinator role, you will be rewarded with the following:
- An above market base salary, annual discretionary bonus, OT eligibility, and full benefits;
- The opportunity to work for a market leading financial services business with global reach;
- Career progression opportunities; and
- Beautiful offices in central midtown Manhattan, filled with down to earth yet professional team members!
For a confidential conversation regarding your candidacy for this Mail-room & Office Coordinator position apply today.