You are here
Management Accountant - CPA
Manage the Month-End Accounting Team
Rapidly Expanding Biotech Company in Cambridge
About Our Client
My Client is a leading supplier of research tools for scientists across the globe. The Company is expanding throughout Asia, Europe, and the America's and is looking for a driven Accounting professional to take part in the journey. The US headquarters are located in Boston.
- Preparation of management accounts covering the 5 US entities
- Analyze and review the month end consolidation and the monthly management reports for accuracy
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls
- Manage the month-end team (currently one direct report)
- Develop detailed knowledge of management accounting policies as applied at the various US sites (Eugene, Burlingame, Boston, Branford) relevant to the areas of responsibility outlined above (not restrictive list).
- Oversee the accounting processes for the relevant sites/entities.
- Coordinate with auditors for the year-end financial statement review
- Develop detailed knowledge of finance systems and processes operated by the relevant entities as relevant for assuring that accurate accounting and internal controls are in place.
- Contribute to the testing and implementation of Oracle cloud ERP system
- Identify areas for continuous process improvement.
- Establish and build key relationships are with Group Finance, Finance Business Partners, External Audit and Tax.
- Ad-hoc tasks as required.
The Successful Applicant
Management Accountant - CPA Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Five years of accounting experience
- One year of experience preparing of monthly, half yearly and annual management accounts
Management Accountant - CPA Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous experience with audit at one of the Big Four accounting firms
- Experience working with Oracle
- One year of staff management experience
- Experience managing a direct report
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Experience working in a multi-site, multi-system enterprise
What's on Offer
- Competitive Base Salary
- Health, Dental, and 401k
- Potential Share Options
- Located in Boston
- Opportunity to work for an International entity
- Commuter Benefits