You are here
Manager, Assistant Plant Controller
USD100,000 - USD120,000
- Our client requires an assistant plant controller for their accounting team
- This is based in the pharmaceuticals industry.
About Our Client
Our client is a market leader in the pharmaceuticals industry.
- Responsible for cost accounting, including the analysis and reporting of daily production, purchase price variances, raw material yields, filling yields, expense budget variances, and related information.
- Prepare monthly reports of results, monthly forecasts, annual operating plan, and strategic planning.
- Monitor and audit product bill of materials and production routers to reflect correct standard usage and cost. Report audit results monthly.
- Ensure timely and accurate input of bill of material and price code changes.
- Ensure bill of material and costing accurately reflect production operations.
- Research variances from budget/forecast to determine cause and provide management with results for corrective action implementation.
- Prepare month-end journal vouchers for those goods and services received, but not invoiced to accurately reflect monthly spending.
- Review labor reporting and cost, material costs, manufacturing overhead, distribution cost, returns and inventory levels.
- Partners with and provides information to plant management to identify issues that impact financial results, both positively and negatively. Develop internal controls and ensure compliance with accounting policy and procedures.
- Reconciliation and accuracy of physical inventories, so that book inventory value is properly stated.
- Develop budget/forecast for manufacturing overhead spending, direct labor, and material scrap accounts.
- Facilitate efforts of cross functional teams (including Manufacturing, Purchasing, Supply Chain, Inventory Control, Planning, QA, Marketing and third party suppliers) to create production efficiencies and cost savings.
- Develop project plans and schedules that represent the appropriate level of detail and task interdependency.
- Manage projects within the established scope and schedule agreed to with internal stakeholders.
- Build model to show cost impact of plant change decisions; use data as a tool to help guide group prioritization and decision-making.
- Develop and document high-level strategies for achieving specific objectives or activities (hierarchical strategy, process flow, final project summary, etc.).
- Lead (coordinate, facilitate, and motivate) the efforts of the individual, team, and other resources associated with project activity.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned or as needed.
The Successful Applicant
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Engineering or industry related field required; 5 plus years of experience in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training.
- CPA, CMA and/or MBA a plus
- 3+ years of project management experience related to production, process development and/or plant/division expansion including scale up for new product introductions, line extensions, and transfer of existing products between sites.
- Experienced in working within and/or supporting accounting and manufacturing teams or functions. Inventory management experience a plus.
- APICS certification a plus.
What's on Offer
$100,000 to $120,000