You are here
Manager of Planning
Leader in the Consumer Packaged Goods Industry for the last 25 years
Bachelor's Degree plus 5+ years of planning experience required
About Our Client
Our client, a leader in the consumer packaged goods industry for the last 25 years, is searching for an experienced Manager of Planning to assist in taking their team to the next level! With over 9000 employees worldwide this is an exciting opportunity to advance your career!
- Determine areas of sales opportunities to align with annual sales growth
- Develop, execute and communicate the strategic merchandise plans and strategies that support the merchandise, allocations and financial goals
- To achieve sales objectives; by meeting sales plans, comp and new store sales, margins and inventory sell through. Manage fiscal product life cycles for all product categories
- Work with planners and merchandisers to develop seasonal plans
- Manage to the open to buy based on planned and actualized sales and monthly ending inventory targets. Review seasonal purchases to ensure product flow will meet sales goals
- Manage seasonal merchandise flow strategies that maximize sales, profitability and customers' expectations
- To partner with merchandising and allocations to ensure accurate forecasting.
- To partner with merchandising to determine appropriate seasonal product flow and manage strategy of discontinued product
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities to the business, recommend strategies to correct and achieve sales plans; conduct hindsight analysis to incorporate learning into the current plan
- Lead the planning team in researching and formulating yearly and monthly sales forecasts
- Participate in cross functional initiatives to develop processes and systems to support forecasting, replenishment and allocations
- To communicate retail results and successes across all cross functional groups for the purpose of expansion of sale opportunities
- To coach and counsel the team on a regular basis. Conduct annual performance reviews and provide continual feedback on performance
The Successful Applicant
- Expert level of knowledge in planning process, analytics tools and managing a planning organization
- Knowledge of supply chain management including supply demand, inventory, purchasing and delivery plans.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Exceptional analytical skills, but also the ability to make qualitative assessment of past performances, current issues and expected trend at the retail level.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and shift between various tasks quickly
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary + full benefits