You are here
Manager of Plant Maintenance
- Manager of Plant Maintenance @ Biosimilar Start-Up
- Manager of Plant Maintenance will define & build a Maintenance program
About Our Client
My client is an innovative, biosimilar start-up with strong financial backing focused on developing recombinant proteins and antibody products for major regulated markets globally. Their vision is to make biosimilar medications affordable. The Manager of Plant Maintenance will define & build a Maintenance program, lead a team of high performing engineers, and collaborate on strategic corporate initiatives.This is truly a choose your adventure environment.
- Plans, directs, and implements the organization's developmental engineering functions, which may include any of the following functions:
- reliability standards pertaining to the materials and techniques used in design and production
- activities of a mechanical systems and equipment function
- activities of a research or technical design function responsible for designing
- developing, modifying and evaluating electronic parts, components or integrated circuitry for electronic equipment and other hardware systems
- Ensure al processes prevent any health or safety risks.
- Develop and maintain the Engineering Change System.
- Responsible for the Plant's current footprint and understanding the Plant's future footprints according to business.
- Determine preventative maintenance standards on new equipment.
- Plan, direct and record periodic preventative maintenance and analysis of equipment
- Maintain update drawing and specification on all equipment
- Researches and implements cost effective upgrades to the equipment and facilities
- Manage the Lean Manufacturing methodology with current, new or transferred programs.
- Recommends and initiates modification of replacement of equipment that fail to meet operating standards.
- Manage equipment suppliers to ensure build meets specifications.
- Participates in the Health, Safety and Environmental program by following all policies, procedures and work instructions that may include safety rules, safety observation audits, regulatory compliance, environmental awareness and audits and Continuous Improvement.
- Research and implement cost effective upgrades to equipment and facilities.
- Keep abreast with the latest in control technology and safe work practices
- Understand, manages and keep up to date all equipment in laboratories (QCARD and Micro)
- Manages feasibility studies of the design to determine if capable of functioning as intended.
- Monitors documentation maintenance throughout all phases of research and development.
- Selects, develop and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies.
- Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures.
- Frequently interacts with management and employees of other departments to resolve issues.
- Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a team.
- Manages, perhaps through subordinate supervisors, the coordination of the activities of the Engineering department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
- Other duties as requested by management.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical,Manufacturing Engineering or related field.
- MBA Preferred.
- At least 8 years of experience in a biotech, pharmaceutical or medical device setting is required.
- 3-5 years supervisory experience in biotech, pharmaceutical or medical device setting is required
- Demonstrated experience managing teams.
- Display proactive strategies to Manufacturing Engineering, Maintenance and Facilities.
- Calibration experience required
- EHS knowledge a plus
- Exhibit superb verbal and written communication skills with interaction of all levels of staff, customers, suppliers and senior management.
- Demonstrated good decision maker, team leader and effective within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing (Kaizen Events, Six Sigma, 5S, etc.).a plus
- Proficient computer skills: MSOffice, MRP, Kronos, MfgPro, SAP or other manufacturing software
- Must be flexible to work a variety of hours as business demands (including weekends and holidays) and to be on-call during off hours to support key initiatives
What's on Offer
Client is offering above industry average compensation benefits!
This is an opportunity for a Manager of Plant Maintenance to align with a forward thinking pharmaceutical start-Up in the greater Chicagoland area. (very rare)