You are here
Manufacturing Engineer - 2nd Shift
- Needs 5+ years of experience as a manufacturing engineer
- Shift is 3 PM - 11 PM
About Our Client
- Provide direct support to operations, production processes, maintenance and safety
- Designs, develops, tests, sources, cost justifies various tools, modifications, fixturing, machinery and equipment for production to increase safety, throughput, quality, capacity, and reliability. Manage the completion of those projects from conception through evaluation, justification, purchase and implementation.
- Provide general supervision to outside contractors (electrical, mechanical, PLC programming, construction, plumbing, HVAC, building, etc.) to resolve material and/or equipment problems, research and implement upgrades, new tools and operating procedures.
- Works with Operators, Supervisors, Maintenance and QA department to improve processes and troubleshoot equipment repair and maintenance.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding GSS cell leaders and Operators
- Champion continuous improvement projects to enhance safety, productivity, quality, reliability, capacity and processes.
- Create and execute project plans and work with all levels of the organization to meet project timing and budget.
- Work closely with Applications Engineers to ensure manufacturability and cost effectiveness of new product designs.
- Provide well-defined process prints and PFMEA documentation in accordance with TS16949 APQP requirements.
- Ensure all projects are launched with lean principles. Support new programs and cost improvement projects after launch to achieve 95% operational availability and efficiency and zero customer issues.
- The above are principle responsibilities and do not identify all duties inherent in the job.
The Successful Applicant
- BS Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering and 5 years' experience.
- Position may require the ability to lift, bend, good hand dexterity, visual inspection and some manual handling not to exceed 35 pounds.
- Knowledge manufacturing processes such as machining, stamping, broaching, piercing, welding and precision assembly.
- Problem Solving Skills using proven techniques (ie. Shainen, DOE, Six Sigma, 8D, 5 Why, etc.)
- Must have demonstrated project management experience involving large projects, new product introductions and/or capital equipment purchases.
- Organizational and project management skills with the ability to prioritize and self-initiate when necessary.
- Experience with cost analysis, PFMEA, technical writing, blueprint reading, statistical analysis and process control.
- Demonstrated knowledge of tool design, gage design, and fixture design.
- Computer skills include demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft office and CAD
- Working knowledge of plant/facilities engineering, electronics, pneumatics, engineering controls, engineering standards, cost estimating, product and process rationalization.
- Demonstrated understanding of process capabilities, materials and requirements as well as business awareness to bring a project from quoting stage to production.
- Broad-base knowledge of Lean Manufacturing including 5s, Kaizen, Kanban, Poke-a-Yoke, Process Mapping and Value Stream Mapping
- Track record of success with continuous improvement projects.
- ISO or TS16949 experience is a plus.
- Willingness to travel as necessary.
What's on Offer
Competetive base + benefits