You are here
Manufacturing Engineer - CNC Programmer (Active Clearance)
Machining Process Owner/CNC Programmer with a world-famous manufacturer.
This position requires active security clearance!
About Our Client
Our client is a global leader in industrial engine manufacturing. Their customers range from automotive, naval, and aerospace industries. The Mississippi site, a state of the art 5 axis machining center capable of machining a 10m propeller, focuses on integrated marine power and propulsion systems. This company has been a market leader for over 50 years and is continuously rated one of the top big companies to work for by its staff.
- Define, develop, and maintain machining processes for tight tolerance components (5-axis machining experience, NX programming experience)
- Provide on machine support for program development, root cause analysis, and machining trials.
- Define process plans for machining operations
- Drive continuous improvement and cost reduction in the machining processes by leveraging new cutting and automation tools (i.e. probing) on the machine tools
- Use simulation software to ensure deployed programs are risk assessed
- Methodical, logical approach to problem solving. Excellent attention to detail
- Define fixture and tooling packages for programs of work
- Act as facility security officer
The Successful Applicant
- Active security clearance is required!
- Associate's degree with 8+ years of manufacturing experience or Bachelors degree with 4+ years of manufacturing engineering experience or Masters degree with 2+ years of manufacturing engineering experience Or in lieu of degree 12 years of experience in manufacturing engineering
- Experience of defining, developing and maintaining machining processes for tight tolerance components
- 5-axis machining experience
- NX programming experience
- Experience of Siemens 840D controller used in 5 axis machining applications Experience in the use of on machine probing and a good understanding of how this can used to ensure product and process conformance - preferred
Experience in the use of machining simulation software (Vericut or similar) Experience machining Stainless Steel and / or Ni Br Al alloys Knowledge of the benefits of associative geometry Experience in introducing and statistically qualifying new machine tools and equipment into a factory environment Knowledge of the method of manufacturing and processes used to manufacture large blades - preferred
What's on Offer
- Clear opportunity for career advancement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Excellent base salary
- Competitive benefits package - 401k matching, health, life, dental
- Relocation package offered for non-local candidates