You are here
Leading aerospace manufacturing company located near Levittown, NY
Hiring a Manufacturing Engineer with machine shop experience
About Our Client
A leading aerospace company located near the Levittown, NY area!
The Manufacturing Engineer will have the following responsibilities -
- Improve manufacturing processes and methods for cost reduction, quality improvement and efficiency
- Perform research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment
- Provide shop floor support to resolve daily process-related issues by working with product design and method engineers, planners, supervisors and manufacturing staff
- Analyze ECN's (Engineering Change Notices) impact to operations including material in stock, work in process, and work outsourced to suppliers
- Design and implement manufacturing tools and fixtures
- Generate manufacturing assembly documentation and provide direct support of personnel in the day-to-day execution of the manufacturing, inspection and test operations
The Successful Applicant
The preferred candidate for the Manufacturing Engineer will have the following background and experience -
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial/Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering with five years of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing to improve production and quality. AS9100 principles preferred
- Understanding of methodization and process improvements
- Able to read and interpret drawings, models, sketches and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Experience working with steel and aluminum
- Proficiency in CAD (prefer Solid Edge) to design manufacturing tools and fixtures
- Experience in an aerospace environment preferred
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation, great benefits and opportunities for career progression within a rapidly growing company!