You are here
Manufacturing Engineer for leading Plastics Company
About Our Client
Our client is a worldwide leader in the diversified composite technologies. By having the most innovative material development capabilities in the world, coupled with sophisticated product design expertise and quality-focused processes it has allowed allowed them to be a full-service destination for customers needing durable, lightweight solutions.
Specific Job Duties:
- Develop and install secondary equipment in conjunction with APQP engineering and maintenance.
- Continuously improve processes utilizing synchronous and lean manufacturing techniques to improve labor efficiencies and quality.
- Lead and participate in team activities to maintain and continuously improve upon departmental efficiencies.
- Assist in investigating customer and internal quality issues and implement corrective action plans to improve our products and processes.
- Maintain process open issues list, copy/ review with appropriate managers.
- Assist in launching new programs by developing process flows, cell layouts, component flows, estimating cycle times and labor requirements, line balancing, and tracking builds prior to SOP.
- Coordinate with program engineers on new program launches and component changes in efforts to implement DFMA strategies (Design for Manufacturing). Assist in developing work guidance's, FMEAs and control plans pertaining to initiated process changes.
- Assist in communicating and training all Quality Department Team Members, Team Leaders, and team members on initiated process changes.
- Implement error-proofing systems to eliminate the possibility for assembly errors.
- Review new technologies, benchmarking them against other divisions, as well as, other manufacturing facilities to determine their relevance.
- Review ergonomics for building and inspecting procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
Additional Job Duties:
- To exhibit an objective, fair and professional attitude and to maintain a positive and productive workplace
- Exhibit teamwork and actively participate in team projects/activities in a positive working environment.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills in the workplace and always strive for continuous improvement.
- Identify growth and development opportunities and on-going training needs.
- Follow company policies and display conduct expected of employees as described in the Employee Handbook.
- Follow safety rules of the Company and work in a manner that is conducive to maintaining a Safe & Healthful workplace.
- Perform daily cross-functional job assignments as required and per the department's established procedures and work instructions.
The Successful Applicant
- A Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, or a closely related discipline.
- Exposure to DFMA, synchronous manufacturing, and ergonomics.
Skills and Experience:
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment (preferably automotive).
- Must have very strong analytical & problem solving skills.
- Must have very strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Must have knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Must have proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, Project, AutoCAD
- Must be able to work with a minimal supervision and participate in cross functional Teams
What's on Offer
Salary, Bonus & Benefits