You are here
Great opportunity to grow within a stable organization
Fantastic benefits, competitive salary, and great growth potential
About Our Client
We design and manufacture a broad portfolio of liquid level, flow, and pressure sensors, miniature solenoid valves, proximity switches and pre-assembled fluidic systems to exact customer application and manufacturing requirements.
- Develop and document new and existing lean manufacturing cells with the appropriate processes, fixtures, and tooling to allow the cell associates to meet daily SQDIP targets.
- Act as a EHS (Safety) champion at daily management meetings. Complete actions and improvements through the use of "daily kaizens" within a value stream team.
- Specify test equipment, operation methods, processes, and tooling for manufacture and assembly of products in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Design, fabricate, and/or procure manufacturing fixtures and tooling.
- Troubleshoot assembly and test issues as well as perform failure analysis for existing and new products.
- Help analyze performance of operations in relation to design specifications, cycle time, and test output. Modify or adjust equipment to meet specifications.
- Cooperate closely with Design Engineering, Launch Engineering, Quality and Production Management to ensure the optimum process design for quality products.
- Attend and support pilot runs for new product introductions.
- Research new processes to improve operator safety, first pass yield, on-time delivery, and cost reduction.
- Assist with structured problem solving, failure mode effect analysis, and root cause / corrective actions to protect customers and improve existing process yields.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
Under direct supervision, will:
- Define, specify, manage, and execute manufacturing processes and improvements.
- Design, fabricate, procure, implement and validate manufacturing fixtures, tools and equipment.
- Directly support proactive safety, product launch, and continuous improvement manufacturing initiatives.
- Troubleshoot process issues and assist maintenance in the repair of down equipment.
The Successful Applicant
1-5 years experience as a Mechanical/Manufacturing or Process Engineer in a manufacturing environment or previous co-operative education experience in a manufacturing environment.
What's on Offer
Problem Solving Process (PSP)
Standard Work Kaizen (SW)
Product knowledge overview